HOW WE'RE KEEPING CUSTOMERS & STAFF SAFE DURING PHYSICALLY DISTANCED SHOPPING
For the safety of our staff, our community and our valued clientele Wild Rock has established the following policy as a response to the Covid-19 crisis.
- If you can, shop online and choose curbside pickup or home delivery. This is the safest shopping method.
- We are limiting the number of shoppers. Although the provincial guidelines for numbers of shoppers are clear we are not comfortable with these large numbers. Instead, we are limiting the number of shoppers in our 16,000 sq. ft. facility to 20. We feel this should give staff and clients ample room to ensure 2m distances.
- We have changed the layout of our store to incorporate some larger central aisles.
- Please continue to book bike repair drop-offs online. This minimizes client overlap.
- We encourage you to wear a mask or face covering. Our staff will be wearing these as well.
- Our washrooms are closed to the public, and change rooms are only available to confirm sizing before purchase.
- We now have separate entry and exit doors.
In addition, Wild Rock has put in place additional operational measures to protect both customers and staff:
- Our staff must keep physically separated by 2m as much as possible.
- Our staff wash their hands upon entering the building, and frequently through the day.
- Commonly handled objects (doorknobs, phones, tap handles, toilet levers etc.) are disinfected several times a day.
- Staff must pick a mug and a glass and label it.
- Staff will avoid using other employees’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible. If necessary, clean and disinfect them before and after use.
- Staff must also practicing social distancing outside of work to ensure that their actions do not increase the risk of contracting Covid-19 and passing it on to workmates.
- If a staff member or anyone in a staff member’s home shows symptoms that staff member must stay home or if at work leave immediately. We're committed to being vigilant and honest with each other concerning health in our homes as well.
At Wild Rock, we take solace and find peace in the outdoors, and we're here to help you do the same. We continue to monitor this situation closely, and remain committed to following government advisories to ensure a safe experience for all.