If you want more hills, views and pastries check out the full-length version of this route. The rolling hills along the 2nd half of the route offer challenging climbs and rewarding views in every direction. Make sure to grab a snack at the Pastry Peddler, a cycling themed cafe located in Millbrook. From downtown, the route heads through the Ecology Park and quickly joins the small quiet roads south of town. Heading west riders will find Millbrook, which is quickly becoming a hub for the local cycling scene. From Millbrook, rolling hills and plenty of views lead riders through Cavan, up over the Ida Hill and back to Peterborough.
Why we Love this Route:
- An easy start with increasingly challenging terrain.
- Great Scenic Views of the countryside.
- Great places to stop for a snack.
Highlights & Photo OPS:
- Scenic views north from Sayer Line. KM38
- Scenic views south from Sharpe Line. KM49
Worth Stopping for:
- Escape Maze – Try solving clues in order to escape a locked room, fun both indoor and outdoor! Approx. KM14 – 156 Cedar Bank Rd., Otonabee-South Monaghan
- Pastry Peddler in Millbrook – The fantastic snacks in this cycling themed bistro are not to be missed! KM42
- Wrap up your ride at Silver Bean Café in Peterborough. – Approx. KM0 and KM65
Places to Stay:
- Beavermead Campground – 2011 Ashburnham Dr., Peterborough
- Golden Pathways Retreat and B&B – 3075 Wallace Point Rd, Peterborough
- Kawartha Trails Resort – 100 Old Bridge Rd., Peterborough
Places to Eat:
- The Pin – 302 King St, Peterborough
- Monaghan Cafe – 1017 Monaghan Rd, Peterborough
- Ricky’s All Day Grill – 898 Monaghan Rd, Peterborough
- The Pastry Peddler – 36 King St E, Millbrook
- Mo’s Tavern – 3 Tupper St, Millbrook On
- Berc’s Steakhouse – 186 Lansdowne St E, Peterborough
- Village of Thai – 241 George St N, Peterborough
- Riley’s Olde Towne Pub – 253 George St N, Peterborough