Curbside returns & exchanges
We're looking for a new member of our bicycle sales team!
Wild Rock strives to be a community hub that encourages, educates, and equips our local outdoors community. Our team values outdoor sport and being in nature, and we are focused on engaging customers in their adventure preparation while providing them with informative, inspiring experiences in our shop and outdoors.
You will greet and engage customers, in-person and over the phone, in conversations about cycling/bikes, outdoor adventure, outdoor leisure, and sporting equipment.
You will learn about each customers’ needs in order to make informed suggestions about Wild Rock merchandise, services, and community groups.
10-20 percent of each day will involve working at a computer to research product and availability, and to operate our point-of-sale system.
You will tend to merchandise and displays in the store.
You will take direction from the department manager and general manager, and relay challenges, ideas, and solutions to them when needed.
- Adaptability to a wide variety of people and situations. We serve and respect folks from all walks of life and with a vast range of experience in self-propelled sports.
- Honesty & creativity. Most of our customers return to Wild Rock because they trust us to make accurate suggestions, and to prepare them for whatever they call ‘playtime’.
- Strong listening skills. We believe that working in service has more to do with listening than knowing, and that asking questions leads to more accurate gear selection.
- Basic knowledge of bikes and bike equipment.
- Experience in sales, service, or hospitality.
- Involvement in outdoor adventure or leisure (hiking, cycling, camping, paddling, etc.).
Title: Adventure Facilitator (Sales Associate for Outdoor Equipment)
Rate of pay: $14.25-16/hr based on experience and qualifications
Start Date: ASAP April 2021
End Date: August 31st, 2021
To Apply: Email Resume to Tori at firstname.lastname@example.org